Privacy and Security Policy
Date Last Revised: November 22, 2010
1. Information eduLAUNCHPAD collects and how it is used
• Information you provide – When you sign up for an eduLAUNCHPAD account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other eduLAUNCHPAD services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
• Traffic Monitoring – eduLAUNCHPAD.com is equipped with a program that monitors site traffic. It automatically records visitor’s host, domain name, pages visited, length of user session, browser type and/or IP address. This program tracks the number of times the site is visited, how many visitors come to the site, which parts of the site are used and the length of time of each visit. This information does not contain personally identifiable information and is used to evaluate areas of interest and to improve the eduLAUNCHPAD Services.
• User communications – When you send email or other communications to eduLAUNCHPAD, or when you post communications on an eduLAUNCHPAD.com forum, we reserve the right to retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
• Provide, maintain, protect, and improve eduLAUNCHPAD services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
• Protect the rights or property of eduLAUNCHPAD or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
2. Account Preferences
You can use the account management section to review and control the information stored in your eduLAUNCHPAD Account.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some eduLAUNCHPAD features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
3. Information sharing
eduLAUNCHPAD only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of eduLAUNCHPAD in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent.
• We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with eduLAUNCHPAD under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help eduLAUNCHPAD communicate with you about offers from eduLAUNCHPAD and our marketing or trusted partners, including but not limited to certain scholastic institutions to which you express interest. These companies do not have any independent right to share or sell this information.
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of eduLAUNCHPAD, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
4. Information security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to eduLAUNCHPAD employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
5. Accessing and updating personal information
When you use eduLAUNCHPAD services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.