$152,000,000,000 for Financial Aid is Nothing to Sneeze At.
Don’t let the myth that there is no money available to attend college stop you from pursuing your higher education goals. In 2009, there was over $152 billion in financial aid available to students and this number grows every year.
Sources and Composition of Financial Aid:
- 40% - Stafford, Perkins, and PLUS Federal Loan programs
- 18% - Monies Controlled by Colleges Directly
- 13% - Pell and SEOG Federal Grants
- 10% - Tuition Tax Credits
- 8% - State Programs
- 5% - Employer Paid Tuition Programs
- 3% - Veterans Administration Programs
- 3% - Private Sources (Traditional Scholarship Programs)
The headlines are all about the rising cost of college, but don’t let those stories convince you that you can’t afford to go to college. There is financial aid available to you regardless of your financial situation, you just need to know how to find it and eduLaunchpad.com is a good place to start.